If you are someone who possesses the following qualities – hardworking, eager to learn and grow, strong communicative skills and being interested in Geotechnical Engineering, we would be absolutely elated to have you join our team. Regardless of whether you’re just a fresh graduate or an experienced professional, these qualities will certainly go a long way in setting you on the right track for a promising and meaningful career.
Our employees are known for their diligence, professionalism, technical expertise, and critical thinking. Our clients in Singapore are able to trust Geoscan with essential and critical investigations, monitoring, testing, analysis, and consulting that either eliminates or minimizes project risks. This helps with bringing predictability and stability to their forecasts and timetables.
Geoscan’s administration understands that it is crucial to hire and more importantly, retain personnel who are deeply passionate about their work. Here at Geoscan, we are willing to invest in our employees and our work systems so that we can provide the best services for our esteemed clients. This includes personalized training programs alongside highly competitive benefits and compensation packages.
Geoscan is an inclusive employer, and we believe that everyone should get equal opportunities regardless of race, sexuality, and religion- among other factors. We are willing to hire people with differing levels of experience, from interns to fresh graduates to professionals. If you are interested in working with Geoscan, kindly check out our job openings below!
Job Description for Software Engineer
This role focuses on improving system reliability, scalability and development productivity. He / She is responsible for the troubleshooting of problems within the programs, creating and implementing solutions and keeping the company’s real-time technical architecture running as smoothly and effectively as possible.
- Ability to plan out project scope with guidance and prioritization of daily activities/assignments to supporting engineers while maintaining project schedule
- To take ownership and execute small to medium scale projects which should include designing and development of Automated systems for report generation
- Analyse current systems and providing recommendations for risk mitigation in areas of responsibility
- Ability to link relationship of project work to departmental goals (based on company’s scope of business)
- Responsible for analysing requirements, developing and maintaining Web Services, APIs, applications to meet business needs
- Maintenance and updating of Company website on ad-hoc basis
- Ability to assess and improve on existing codes with proper process documentation, liaise and work with vendors on software development projects
- Minimal Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related Engineering Faculty (Civil Engineering will be an advantage)
- 4 or more years of working experience as software engineer or related positions, electronics hardware background will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge in Object Oriented Programming and Real-Time Operating Systems
- Experience in MS SQL, MySQL and various databases
- Proficient in Web API programming
- Continually maintains knowledge of best practices in Coding standards and agile software development process
- Experience in LINUX and Windows environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to stay on schedule and produce results in a timely manner
- Fluent in English and good communication skills